11 Nov Captains’ Drive In – Important Info
Captains’ Drive In – Important Info
Liz, Paul and I are looking forward to our Captains’ Drive-In on Saturday and would like to confirm a few items as below:
• Please be at the golf club no later than 8.30am;
• There is a sheet to enter your guess as to how far we will hit our drives with that old (and real!) wood. It is £1 to enter and you can win £20 cash. All proceeds go straight into our charity pot;
• Please enter through the computer terminals as usual. Your entry fee will again go into our charity pot and all prizes are being provided by Liz and I on the day. Prizes for 1st, 2nd, 3rd team scores, ladies’ nearest the pin on the 10th and men’s nearest the pin on the 13th;
• The Drive-In will take place at 9am;
• The competition with commence at 9.30am so please leave yourself enough time to get to your allocated tees for the shotgun start;
• A sheet identifying your tee allocation will be posted on Saturday morning in the foyer;
• In line with tradition I would like to receive any sealed bids for your team to drive off the 1st tee. Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org with your bids and the highest bidder will tee off at the first. Again all proceeds will go into the charity pot;
• You will have received a BRS message regarding the food options for the day. Please support the Club; and finally
• Enjoy this social golf event and Liz and I look forward to seeing you on Saturday.
Liz (White), Paul (Bridges) and Andrew (Coates)
Your new Ladies’, Seniors and Men’s Captains
Captains’ Drive-In Food Options
It’s the Captains’ Drive-In on Saturday and after your golf there will be two great food options as below – both priced at just £6.50. Fantastic value!
* Chicken balti with chips & naan; or
* Sausage casserole with dumpling.
PLEASE SIGN-UP BEFORE YOU PLAY to give your catering team a clue as to how many will be partaking in each option.
Enjoy the day, welcome your new Captains in style and thank you for your co-operation.
Chair of House