08 Apr Cheers! Another milestone day on the road to recovery.
|Cheers! Another milestone day on the road to recovery.|
|Hopefully you’ve enjoyed your return to golf over the last two weeks (doesn’t the course look great?) and now this Monday 12th April marks the next milestone date on our road to the ‘new normal’. The main changes are as follows:
1. Club competitions are back – starting with the weekday stablefords for the men on Monday and the ladies on Tuesday. What’s more the course will be qualifying and so now your scores will really count.
2. The bar will be open for outside service only – so now you can sit on the patio after your round and enjoy the hospitality of Nick NcNeice, our new Bar Manager, and his team. The bar will remain open until sunset unless the weather or demand determines otherwise.
3. The Pro-Shop will fully re-open and members can now have 1-2-1 lessons indoors, hire the simulator for their own use and also have indoor club fittings. The Pro-Shop opening hours are 8am-5pm in April and 8am-6pm from 01 May.
4. The club will welcome casual visitors and member guests from 1pm on weekdays and 2pm at weekends. Our 2021 summer green fee for casual visitors is £30 and the member guest rate is excellent value at just £16.
5. The changing rooms are now available for use but the showers will remain out of service. However both changing rooms are relatively small unventilated spaces and we would encourage members to continue arriving ready to play and changing their footwear in the car park.
6. Oh, and last but not least, apparently we’re able to recall our vast team of professional caddies who are able to recommence their duties/services – if only!!
So we have a lot to look forward to but please be mindful that the basic COVID disciplines of social distancing, hand sanitising and face masks in the clubhouse still apply and that we all have a part to play in ensuring a safe and comfortable playing and social environment both on and off the course.
Thank you and enjoy!
Peter Knowles Club Secretary