13 Jun Information Update 12th June 2020
As the gradual easing of the lockdown continues this is just a brief update for members following the most recent meeting of your Management Committee:
Firstly the very good news re membership. As of today, and somewhat against the trend, we have attracted 40 new members since the course re-opened on 13th May as follows:
23 Intermediate 7-day members (we now have 70+ Intermediate members!)
3 Full 7-day members
Many of these members have joined us following introductions and recommendations from existing members – so sincere thanks and keep up the good work!
This means that total membership numbers are 30 more (approx 7%) than on the same date last year although total membership income is broadly similar due to less full members and a number of renewing members trading down.
And now to the very important COVID related stuff:
* Competition golf returns from Monday 15th June – see recent separate emails from Section Captains for details;
* Agreed that each section will run as many Board competitions as feasible – more details to follow from Section Captains;
* 4 Balls will now be permitted from Monday 22nd June;
* As the move to 4 balls will substantially increase tee capacity, Visitors will now be permitted from 1pm daily also effective from 22nd June;
* Pre-booked golf society bookings (we have six to the end of July) will now be honoured as booked less any bar/catering component;
* House Committee is making preparations for the possible ‘COVID secure’ opening of the bar on 4th July (all dependent upon government guidance of course).
….and if you’re really interested in reading more of this Management Committee ‘stuff’ the notes of our weekly Zoom meetings are available in the member area of the website.
And last but not least Bracken Ghyll has a reciprocal agreement with Wilpshire Golf Club, near Blackburn. Postcode BB1 9LF. This means you can play this very attractive heathland/parkland James Braid designed course for just £15. By all accounts it’s very well worth a visit and Chris and I will definitely be going soon. Perhaps we’ll see you there?!
Hopefully you’ve found this information update helpful but please don’t hesitate to contact me should you need any further information or clarification.
Club Secretary for and on behalf of your Management Committee