Those members who have entered competitions will have experienced the frustrating consequences of not being able to use the computer terminals in the clubhouse as a result of COVID restrictions.
As you know we introduced alternative procedures for sign-in to competitions but hole by hole processing the batches of scorecards is both resource intensive and delays both the posting of results and notification of handicap adjustments.
Great News! Club Systems, our software provider has developed a facility named Mobile Score Input (MSi) which can be accessed through HowDidIDo.
This will also support the introduction of the new World Handicapping System (WHS).
In preparation for our rollout of this new feature, members who are not already registered for HowDidIDo should signup at https://www.howdidido.com/Account/Register
Please note: Those members who share email addresses will need their own email addresses to register.
Once registered, I would encourage you to download the HDID smartphone and tablet app available from the App Store for Apple and Google Play for Android. Simply click one of the previous links OR go to your relevant app store and search for Howdidido.
This will enable you to perform a number of actions remotely including:
- Sign-in to club competitions (currently singles only but team capability to follow soon)
- Enter your scores hole by hole (greatly reducing card processing time)
- Validate your scores (coming soon)
- View Competition Results
- View your handicap and scoring history
- Enter Knockout Competitions
- Print handicap certificates
The requirement to return and deposit your physical scorecard after your round at the club still remains in place.
I am sure you will agree this is a great step forward to embrace technology which has already been recognised by the R&A with the rapid changes to their rules for competition and score entry.
Chair of Competition & Handicap Committee
The V1 Members Hub – Site and Application
What is the V1 Members Hub?
“Another App” I hear you say? – ok yes, BUT the V1 Members Hub App and Portal become your first point of contact and integrates with both BRS and HDID. If you are using a Smartphone you can use the App, if you are using a Computer via an Internet Browser then you can access the Hub via our club website in the Members dropdown (V1 Members Hub option)
BELOW YOU WILL FIND AN INSTRUCTION VIDEO AND DOCUMENT ON HOW TO INSTALL AND SETUP THE APPLICATION
NOTE: the portal tends to work well in Chrome, Safari and Internet Explorer (EDGE) browsers.
After feedback from members we are implementing the V1 Hub to give you easier control on your membership and club information. We have been testing the App and Portal with around 30 members and the feedback has been fantastic, especially the Course Status PUSH Notifications and the ability to manage your member card online. More features include:
* Near Real-time access to your member card transactions and push notifications when your card is topped up OR money taken off
* Top-up your members card via the App or V1 Hub Portal
* Push Notifications for COURSE STATUS (including buggy usage, GUR etc)
* Push Notifications on Club News and Alerts
* Member Directory – ability to search member details – members have the option to opt out of this and what details are shared
* Live Leaderboards (via app and online)
* Documents Access – club docs, diary, handbook, meeting minutes, competition draws, Newsletters PDFs.
* Competition Results and upcoming comps (when setup in V1)
….. plus much more
Topping up your card via the App or Online
All payments via the V1 Hub use SagePay and therefore are covered by the security implemented by SagePay and our Card Processing Merchant uses online 3D security.
Please be assured that the club does NOT pay any extra to process payments via SagePay!
If you encounter issues installing the App or updating your HDID Logon to a HDID Passport Account (free) we have setup a dedicated email address to assist (firstname.lastname@example.org). BUT, can we ask you read and follow the instructions first before sending an email.