15 Oct NEW Local Rules – Effective Immediately
NEW Local Rules – Effective Immediately
With effect from tomorrow Saturday 16th October two new Local Rules are being introduced. These Local Rules have also been posted on the noticeboard in the foyer in the Clubhouse.
Please also take notice of the changes detailed below to the Red Penalty Areas on the 12th and 18th holes. These also become effective from tomorrow Saturday 16th October.
1. PREFERRED LIES
When a player’s ball lies in a part of the General Area cut to fairway height or less the player may take free relief once by placing the original ball or another ball in and playing it from this relief area. The ball may be lifted and cleaned under Rule 14.1c.
• Reference point: Spot of the original ball.
• Size of Relief Area measured from Reference Point: 6 inches but with these limits:
– Must not be nearer the hole than the reference point, and
– Must be in the general area.
In proceeding under this Local Rule, the player must choose a spot to place the ball and use the procedures for replacing a ball under Rules 14-2b(2) and 14-2e
2. BOULDERS PLACED ON THE LEFT SIDE OF THE 18th FAIRWAY
These boulders (placed there to discourage recent joy riders on the course) are deemed to be IMMOVABLE OBSTRUCTIONS. Rule 16.1a applies and the player is allowed free relief if the players ball touches a boulder, or a boulder physically interferes with the player’s area of intended stance or swing.
• Reference point: The nearest point of complete relief
• Size of Relief Area measured from Reference Point: One club-length but within these limits:
– Must be in the General Area and not be nearer the hole than the reference point; and
– There must be complete relief from all interference by the boulder.
REDEFINITION OF RED PENALTY AREAS ON 12th AND 18th Holes
12th Hole – the nesting birds have departed and the additional “protective” Red Stakes have been removed. The Red Penalty area NO LONGER extends back to the hedge on the left hand side of the hole.
18th Hole – the Red Penalty area has been extended to include the triangular section between the Out Of Bounds White Stake at the upper edge of the area of rough and the left side of the path leading from the bridge to the fairway.
With effect from the introduction of the revised Rules of Golf on 1st January 2019 players NO LONGER have an option to take relief from the Red Penalty Area on the OPPOSITE SIDE of the penalty area.
Chair of Competition & Handicap